At the start of each academic year, pupils are given the opportunity to apply to be a digital leader. They are given the chance to explain why they would be good at the role and then two members from each class are voted in democratically by their class. Digital leader meetings are held half termly.
Digital Leader responsibilities include:
- Promoting and modelling good digital citizenship practises
- Leading online safety assemblies
- Planning, organising and running computing competitions and events
- Helping their class to look after computing equipment used in lessons
- Helping run computing clubs
Last year our digital leaders:
- Organised an avatar dress up day
- Ran a online safety poster competition
- Ran a photography competition
- Lead an assembly on online bullying
Their next planned event is:
- An online safety orienteering quiz
Nature Photography Competition Winners
Watch this space for more from our digital leaders.